Business Writing Coaching
Learn to express yourself in emails, reports and written pieces so that your writing is equal to your leadership abilities.
Take your writing to the next level with Business Writing Coaching with Jeanne Byrnes. You will learn to express yourself more clearly in business writing, according to your own learning style and pace.
Jeanne creates individualized lesson plans that meet you where you are in your business writing skills. At each session, Jeanne assesses the most glaring problems first, creates a lesson to address those problems, and helps you stay on track with a given assignment in effective writing.
Jeanne’s supportive teaching style helps you develop confidence when you approach a business writing task so that getting your ideas onto the page will become easier. Her methods allow you to access the inner part of yourself that knows how to write.
The areas of Business Writing Coaching include:
Writing Organization - something that can vary from language to language
- Learn about writing for business as a process, beginning with pre-writing, writing drafts, revising, and using proofreading and editing tips. Developing means for Brainstorming for ideas, creating outlines to organize points, and other pre-writing activities.
- Staying on topic, addressing the question or topic, meeting all requirements of the concise nature of business writing. This involves finding the most precise language to convey your whole message with brevity.
- Overall organization, including order of paragraphs, paragraph structure, including topic sentence followed by supporting details, and a concluding sentence.
- Linking of sentences, including transition words and phrases and coordinating/subordinating conjunctions, and sentence variety.
- Convention, which can vary widely between cultures and languages, includes how to write an email, a business letter, a technical report, and properly cite sources.
Business Writing Style:
- Learn about the most appropriate vocabulary for your business situation and how to avoid slang in business correspondence.
- Avoiding repetition by proper use of pronouns, using the active voice, and creating variety in word order.
Writing Mechanics, Language and Syntax:
- Learn tips to better spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. Review and practice verb tenses, subject/verb agreement, and understand when and how to use articles and prepositions.
- Build your vocabulary, including using idioms and phrasal verbs comfortably and with confidence.
Individual Business Writing Coaching Fees:
- $200.00 per one-hour session.
- $1,200.00 for 8 one-hour sessions.
Business Writing Coaching is offered in person, by telephone or by Skype from anywhere in the world. Telephone and Skype coaching are quite effective.
At each business writing session, Jeanne assesses the most glaring problems first, creates a lesson to address those problems, and helps the students stay on track with a given assignment. Her writing skills teaching may include basic grammar, sentence structure, syntax, and diction.